Military Aid

In this section you will find information for:

Note: World Campus students should visit


To use FTA benefits, you should contact your military education center.

If applying for FTA through ArmyIgnitED, select "Penn State University (All but World Campus)" as your school.

Once your FTA is approved, you must provide a copy of the authorization to the Office of the Bursar:

Pennsylvania State University
Student Financial Services
Attn.: Military Funding
109 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16802
Fax: 814-865-6535


National Guard members may be eligible for additional funding from their state. Contact your education center for more information regarding this benefit.


GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Veterans may use GI Bill® or other Veterans Affairs education benefits to cover all or part of their education expenses. If you are a student interested in using your GI Bill® or Veterans Affairs education benefits, please contact the Office of Veterans Programs.

In accordance with Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e), the Pennsylvania State University will not restrict students who are entitled to educational assistance under Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) or Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits from attending or participating in courses or penalize them in any way because of the individual’s inability to meet their financial obligations to Penn State if the inability is caused by delayed disbursement of funds from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) under Chapters 31 or 33.  Prohibited penalties under this code include, the assessment of late fees, the denial of classes or access institutional facilities, or the requirement that a student borrow additional funds.  In order to qualify for this penalty relief, the student must:

  1. Be entitled to VA Education Benefits under Chapter 31 or 33.
  2. Submit a Certificate of Eligibility and a signed, completed Certification Request Form no later than the first day of a term or semester.
  3. Provide additional information necessary to the proper certification of enrollment to his/her respective School Certifying Official. 

Under this code, Penn State can assess a late fee for balances that are the difference between the amount of the student’s financial obligations and the amount of the VA education benefit disbursement.


Pennsylvania State University is proud to be a participant in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Yellow Ribbon Program. Please contact the Office of Veterans Programs for additional information regarding this program.