Apply for SSN/ITIN

Apply for Social Security Number/Individual Taxpayer Identification Number

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that we include either a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each student we report. If you receive notification from Student Financial Services that we do not have your SSN or ITIN, please supply it to us. See below to determine if you qualify for a SSN or need to apply for an ITIN.

Determine Your Eligibility

You can apply for a SSN if you are employed at the University or have an offer to work on campus. Determine your eligibility or contact:

Directorate of International Student and Scholar Advising (DISSA)
410 Boucke Building

If you are not eligible for a SSN you must apply for an ITIN. To apply for an ITIN, complete the ITIN (Tax ID#) Form. The Directorate of International Students & Scholars Advising (DISSA) can assist you through the process to receive your ITIN number. If you have questions about the process, please contact DISSA at 814-865-6348 or visit their office in 410 Boucke Building.