turtle statue at old main

International Taxes

The Office of the Bursar is required to review all United States based financial aid awarded to international students and determine if the aid is subject to tax.

Foreign persons who receive United States based financial aid (grants, fellowships, assistantships, outside, and university scholarships) that is in excess of tuition and fees may be required to pay tax on the excess amount.

If you have any questions about international taxes, please click on the "Contact" link at the top of this page and select International Taxes under the category. Our staff will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.