AUTHORIZED PAYER ACCESS - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
With New Student Orientation in full swing at Penn State, the Office of the Bursar takes this opportunity to remind new and returning students about the importance of granting Authorized Payer access to their parents/others for accessing their student account.
- Federal law prohibits Penn State representatives from corresponding or speaking about a student’s account with anyone other than the student unless the student has designated the individual as an Authorized Payer.
- IMPORTANT: Sharing the student access and password is a violation of Penn State policy. Doing so could result in the student being dismissed from Penn State.
- A student wishing to grant access to his/her student account, must do so by granting Authorized Payer Access. This enables the parent/other to view the student account, make payments, enroll in the Installment Payment Plan, and access tax Form 1098-T.
- The student can add Authorized Payers in LionPATH by following these steps:
- Log in to LionPATH
- Click on "Student Home Base"
- Scroll to the bottom right side of the page, and click on the Quick Link "Manage Account/Make Payment" to get to your Student Account Dashboard
- Click on "Add New" in the Authorized Payers section
- An Authorized Payer will not have access to financial aid information, grades, or other online student information through this process. Students are encouraged touse the Delegated Access process for access to this information.
Having Authorized Payer access will ensure that the parent/family receives timely notifications on the student’s account, such as the billing statement due dates.
For questions about Authorized Payer Access, please feel free to contact the Office of the Bursar at: https://bursar.psu.edu/contact-us.
Office of the Bursar