Single Payment Options
Tuition can be paid directly from a personal checking account drawn on a US bank.
An eCheck will appear on your monthly statement as PENN STATE UNIV PAYMENT.
There is no fee to pay by eCheck.
Tuition can be paid online by credit card. We cannot accept credit cards via mail, phone, or in person.
There is a 2.5% Convenience Fee for each payment made by credit card.
Check, Cash, Money Order
Tuition can be paid by mail or in person at any Penn State location.
Print a remittance stub from eLion and mail it with your check or money order (payable to Penn State) to the Office of the Bursar, 103 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802.
Please include your PSU ID on your check or money order. Do NOT mail cash.
International Wire Transfers
Penn State has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. It's fast, simple and cost effective from any country - any time.
- Saves money - using peerTransfer will save you hundreds of dollars on each tuition payment vs. traditional bank wire transfers.
- Simple - no more back-and-forth with the bank trying to get all the information you need to make a wire payment.
- Quick - no more waiting and wondering if your payment has posted to your student account. peerTransfer will keep you and Penn State informed along the way.
How it works:
Once you are ready to pay your school, go to the peerTransfer homepage and click on "make a payment", select your school and click "continue". Insert the exact amount of money you want your school to receive and select the country you are paying from. For example, if you are paying from India, when you select your country, if we can accept your local currency, it will automatically appear as the preferred currency to make your payment in. If you have an account in another currency, you can select this instead. In case you select another country, Kazakhstan for instance, and you don't see your home currency, not to worry, you can send us your payment in US Dollars or choose another currency. The process and benefits remain the same but your bank will convert your money before sending your funds to peerTransfer.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will select a supported currency, the Indian Rupee. In this case, peerTransfer will convert your moeny into US Dollars and send your payment to the school. You can login to your existing account or create a new one. Name, surname, e-mail address, and password is all the information you will need to create your account. To continue with the payment, you just have to enter your student information followed by the payer details. You will have 4 business days to go to your bank and make this payment. The date is given here. Once you click "continue with payment", you will be directed to your personal dashboard. Here, you will be able to review your payment details, view the payment delivery instructions to send your money to peerTransfer, and track your payment status. We recommend that you print these instructions to bring to the bank. This will make the process much clearer for you and your bank.
After sending your funds to peerTransfer, you can notify us through your student dashboard. We will then send your payment to the school and update the status to complete. The school now has your money but it may still take them an additional 2 to 3 business days to post your payment to your student account.
Any questions or concerns? You will never be alone. Our multilingual support team will take care of you 24 hours 7 days a week. Available through e-mail, Skype, live chat, and on the phone.
- peerTransfer accepts payments from any country - typically in your home currency. They work to secure you wholesale foreign exchange rates, which are significantly lower than rates offered by traditional banks.
- NEW: peerTransfer payment method link now on eLion! International students now have the option to initiate a wire transfer payment through peerTransfer in eLion. The student will select the ‘International wire transfer’ payment method and select ‘Continue’. A screen with a link to peerTransfer will appear. As a convenience, the screen will also display the student’s PSU identification number and amount due or deferment payment amount. The student should click on the link ‘Continue to peerTransfer Payment Page’ and follow the instructions for making the wire payment.
- Or, visit http://psu.peertransfer.com, enter your tuition amount, and immediately see how much money you will save. Once you initiate payment on http://psu.peertransfer.com, you will receive detailed instructions on how to transfer funds to Penn State. peerTransfer will keep you informed during every step in the process, including when funds have been delivered to Penn State.
- Payments are posted to your student account more quickly than they would be if you were using a regular bank to pay. And, you can be assured that you will never have a short-payment due to unexpected transfer fees or bank charges.
Contact Information (for assistance with creating an International wire transfer payment using peerTransfer):peerTransfer
200 Portland Street
Boston, MA 02114
Phone (USA): 1-800-346-9252
Phone (Canada): 1-647-930-9424
Phone (Other): 1-617-207-7076
Deferred Payment Plan
Enroll in Penn State's deferred payment plan and pay your tuition bill in installments over three months.
Tuition Management Systems Lion-Pay Pre-Payment Plan
Enroll in one of Tuition Management Systems Lion-Pay Pre-Payment Plans to pre-pay your tuition with interest-free payment options. Call 1-800-722-4867 or visit www.afford.com/psu for complete details.
|Number of Payments|
Three per semester
Three, four, or, five per semester
|Payment Due Dates|
Fall Semester: August, October, November
Spring Semester: December, February, March
Monthly payments are due on the 1st of each month. This is a pre-pay plan. Payments occur in full BEFORE the semester begins.
Covers all administrative costs.
$28 enrollment fee
Covers all administrative costs for the secure handling of your payments.
The Deferred Payment Plan can be used in combination with any and all types of student aid (loans, grants, scholarships) or by itself. Any student can enroll in the Deferred Payment Plan.
Lion-Pay Pre-Payment Plans can be used in combination with any and all types of student aid (loans, grants, scholarships) or by itself. Any student can enroll in Lion-Pay.
At time of receipt of your tuition bill
Enrolling in the Deferred Payment Plan is easy. When you view your tuition bill, you will be given the option to sign up. Your tuition bill will list your tuition, fees, room & board (if applicable) and the financial aid that is known at the time the bill is produced.
To select Penn State's Deferred Payment Plan, simply pay the first 1/3 by the due date on the bill. Your payment may be made with a check (mail to Bursar's Office with remittance stub), credit card, or eCheck.
You must also include the $45 deferment fee and payment for any unpaid prior balance with this initial payment.
2-4 months prior to semester
Enrolling in the Lion-Pay Pre-Payment Plan is easy. Visit afford.com/psu and use the monthly payment planner to determine your semester payment plan amount and your monthly payments.
To enroll by phone, call 1-800-722-4867.
Once signed up, you will receive notification of your subsequent installments in advance of their due dates.
You will receive a bill monthly.
$20 late fee
Payment not received by the due date will be assessed a $20 late fee.
$45 late fee
Payment not received by the due date will be assessed a $45 late fee.